What is blues dancing? Blues is a partnered social dance done to, that's right, blues music. The technical definition is:
Blues is a family of dances that originated among African Americans in the 20s and 30s. These dance evolved from African rhythms and movements.
So what does blues dancing look like?
Video and dancer credits:
- GIF 1: Tim O'Neill and Julie Brown - Filmed by Blues Dance World
- GIF 2: Anna Washenko & Grace Jones-Taylor - Filmed by bluesSHOUT
- GIF 3: Nathaniel Abrea shakin' what he got - Filmed by Blues Dance World
- GIF 4: Ben Collins and Jessica Miltenberger - Filmed by Noah N
- GIF 5: Jennifer Sowden and Daniel Repsch - Filmed by Blues Dance World
- GIF 6: All skate - Filmed by Blues Dance World